TEFL Jobs Overseas is a complete guide for TEFL jobs, TEFL teachers, TEFL information or TEFL Courses. TEFL Jobs Overseas has many current TEFL jobs for teaching overseas. Before beginning your teaching overseas adventure, you can find any TEFL information you need to help make an informed decision about a TEFL teaching career teaching English overseas.
Do you want to teach English in Spain next academic year? Become a Language and Cultural ambassador in Madrid. ConversaSpain cooperates with public schools in different locations across Spain, to help the English department improve the language skills of their students and staff.
Deadline: May 22nd
Program length: November 5th to June 28th
The relation with the schools and the placements are fully managed by the local government. The program provides participants with support moving to Spain, initial training, and advice on every day practical non-school-related matters. The conditions and requirements are:
- 16 teaching hours per week
- 4 consecutive teaching days
- €1,000 monthly stipend
- Mostly rural and pueblo locations
REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE:
There is no age limit and Spanish skills are not required to participate. However, there are some conditions candidates must fulfill to take part in the program:
- Be native-level English speakers
- Be citizens of a country where English is the official language
- Hold a university degree in any subject
- Job placement ensured (rural or pueblo location in the Madrid area)
- Pre-departure assistance: help with the visa application process and opening a bank account before arriving
- Welcome Document: tips, advice, and practical tools to find permanent accommodation, among others
- Help with the police registration process
- Health insurance (EU citizens living in Europe)
- Orientation in Madrid: initial training and meeting with other participants
- Access to a multimedia platform with lessons, resources, and information
ConversaSpain emergency support while in Spain
- Certificate of completion at the end of the program (issued by the Regional Education Authority)
- Paid school holidays (Christmas, Easter, and local festivities), except for the summer period
- Activities will be held under the supervision and guidance of school teachers
- Two different programs available
“I would recommend the experience with ConversaSpain as it was great to have a guaranteed placement and the support before coming to Spain was very helpful. I chose the immersion week option and was very happy. It gave me a good introduction to some of the main sites of Madrid, but more importantly allowed me to meet some other people in our program who I have remained friends with in my time here”, Grant H., participant in Madrid.
FEES AND AVAILABLE OPTIONS
- Basic: €1,050
- Basic + TEFL certification: €1,550
The Role of a Language and Cultural Ambassador in Spain
Participants could deliver conversational English lessons to students or staff, encourage oral practice in English, explain the culture of their own country, help in other subjects (such as science, art, P.E., history, or music), assist with pronunciation and grammar, prepare students for oral exams, and collaborate with teaching staff in creating teaching materials and planning lessons. The specific activities and tasks depend on the school.
Language Assistants in Public Schools help teach English to Elementary, Middle and High School students. This is a supportive role, thus they aren’t in charge of entire classes and aren’t responsible for grading or discipline.
Assignment: Selected candidates will receive the details of their specific school placement two months before starting at the school. With our advice and support, it has proven to be more than enough time to get accommodation in the area sorted out. Age-group preferences are considered whenever possible (we cannot guarantee specific placement preferences).
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org