TEFL Jobs Overseas is a complete guide for TEFL jobs, TEFL teachers, TEFL information or TEFL Courses. TEFL Jobs Overseas has many current TEFL jobs for teaching overseas. Before beginning your teaching overseas adventure, you can find any TEFL information you need to help make an informed decision about a TEFL teaching career teaching English overseas.
We have 22 years’ experience in Vietnam and are nationally recognised as a leading name in English language training. With an ever increasing number of schools across the country, we offer a range of English courses to Young Learners, Adults and Corporate clients, as well as Cambridge certified teacher training for both expatriate and local teachers.
Apollo Junior specialises in delivering high quality English training to students between the ages of 3 and 17. Our goal is to create a rich learning environment with modern, specialised facilities and teaching focused on meaningful communication.
The Right Candidate
You will show a real passion for teaching and teacher development, with a strong background in teaching Young Learners. This enthusiasm will motivate those around you and you will be ready to identify opportunities to develop, improve, and add value to our team as you grow with us.
Responsible for managing the teaching team and maintaining high academic standards, the LXM/LXC works closely with the Vietnamese Centre Manager to oversee all aspects of Apollo’s programmes within the school. In this role they are supported by the Head of Academic and other members of the nationwide academic management team.
• The day-to-day management of the centre teaching team
• Providing ongoing professional teacher development including:
o Regular teacher observations (training given)
o Teacher mentoring
• Managing communication both within the EFL department and between EFL and other departments
• Assisting in the planning and implementation of marketing and student retention activities
• Evaluation and reporting of targets
• Teaching (teaching hours are dependent on centre size)
• Ongoing professional development
• An excellent range of resources and modern facilities, including IWBs
• The opportunity to work closely with a friendly and supportive team of locals and expatriates
• Academic and personal support within the role
• Previous training and mentoring experience
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, time management, and organisational skills
• Flexibility and cultural awareness
• BA or MA (essential for Work Permit requirements)
• CELTA/Trinity TESOL or equivalent
• At least 3 years post qualification experience
• Native Level English speaker
Applicants with the following will be prioritised:
• Previous experience in a similar role
• Specialist YL certification (Cambridge YL extension or IHCYL)
• DELTA/Trinity Diploma
• Experience working in Asia and/or a developing country
Salary and Benefits
• Salary: Competitive salary and bonus
• Medical insurance allowance
• Flight allowance
• Twenty days paid annual leave plus eleven national holidays paid per year.
• Visa and work permit support including covering costs
Please visit our website for information about teaching at Apollo, teaching and living in Vietnam via the link below.
• Interested candidates are invited to apply via email to Mr Tim Barker.
• Please include ‘Academic Manager – YL’ in the subject line of the application email
• Along with an up to date CV, your application should include a cover letter stating your interest and suitability for the post
• Please include scanned copies of your BA/MA degrees, Teaching Certificates and valid Police Check. Submission of original documents will be required later for Work Permit application, photocopies will not be accepted.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Interested candidates are invited to apply via email to Mr Tim Barker at email@example.com with a copy of their CV and scans of degree and teaching certificates. Please indicate your earliest possible start date and availability for interview.