TEFL Jobs Overseas is a complete guide for TEFL jobs, TEFL teachers, TEFL information or TEFL Courses. TEFL Jobs Overseas has many current TEFL jobs for teaching overseas. Before beginning your teaching overseas adventure, you can find any TEFL information you need to help make an informed decision about a TEFL teaching career teaching English overseas.
Qingdao Experimental High School is now hiring a Full Time ESL instructor!
Qingdao Experimental High School is one of the top public high schools in Qingdao, China. The school is most well-known for its international programs and open-minded culture. It is located in the Chengyang District of Qingdao, 5 minutes from downtown Chengyang and 45 minutes from the city hall.
We are now hiring for our international department for September 2020. Our international department delivers the Global Assessment Certificate (or GAC, a curriculum managed by AES, a subsidiary of ACT Inc.) and GAC Foundation program to students preparing to study abroad in American or Canadian universities. For the GAC program, we emphasize study skills, critical thinking, experiential learning, and college-style assessments. When our students complete the program, we hope that they will not only have the skills to succeed at the university level, but excel.
For the GAC Foundation program, we build students’ English skills so they can enter the more challenging and academically-oriented GAC program after they complete the Foundation courses. Learn more about our GAC and GAC Foundation curriculums at: https://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/act-international-programs/global-assessment-certificate-programs.html. We also provide a variety of language programs to local high schools and middle schools.
1. Job Title: ESL and Foundation English Instructor. Instructor will deliver the GAC and GAC Foundation English programs to students that are planning to study in the U.S. or Canada for college. In addition, the instructor will teach oral English classes to high school students in grades 10 and 11.
2. Job Location: Chengyang; this is a suburb of Qingdao located approximately 45 minutes from downtown downtown Qingdao and about 15 minutes from TAO (Qingdao International Airport).
3. Compensation Package:
Base Salary of 16,000-17,000 RMB, plus: free Accommodation OR a Housing Stipend; free meals on campus; monthly bonus. Travel and visa reimbursements are also included.
* Native English Speaker from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, S. Africa, the UK, or the US
* Bachelor’s Degree
* Experience teaching Oral English skills to high school students
5. Job Description:
* 20 teaching hours/week, plus 4 office hours per week (completed in the office or the classroom)
* Grading, lesson planning, and other teaching-related paperwork
* Staff meetings and other professional development activities will require commuting to downtown Qingdao from time to time
* An excellent opportunity for a candidate looking to build classroom experience, with the potential to move on to teaching content courses at our regular downtown center
6. Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org